Effective Date: January 4, 2014
1. Types of Information Alkilu Collects. The information Alkilu gathers falls into two categories: (i) information voluntarily supplied by users to the Site through optional registration; and (ii) tracking information gathered as users navigate through the Site.
2. Information You Provide to Alkilu. Alkilu may collect and store information, personal or otherwise, that you voluntarily supply either while using the Site or in responding via email in connection with a feature provided on the Site. Some examples of this type of information include demographic information and personal information (such as your name, address, or email address) that you electronically submit when you register for certain features on the Site, participate in sweepstakes or contests offered on the Site, sign up for email newsletters, or post on message boards or other public posting areas on the Site. Alkilu may also ask for information (including a credit card number) from users who make a purchase or conduct other transactions on the Site. The information supplied helps Alkilu to provide the product or service requested, offer you more personalized features and tailor the Site to your interests. Supplying such information is entirely voluntary. However, if you choose not to supply information requested, Alkilu may be unable to provide you with services made available to other users of the Site.
3. Tracking Information. Alkilu also may collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate through the Site. For example, to help make the Site more responsive to the needs of users, Alkilu employs a standard feature of browser software, called a “cookie,” to assign each user a unique, random number that resides on a user’s computer. The cookie does not personally identify the user; it merely identifies the computer with which the user accesses the Site. However, if a user voluntarily identifies himself or herself (through registration, for example), the Site may be able to ascertain the identity of the user through a cookie assigned to an identified user’s computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information supplied by a user. By showing how and when visitors use the Site, cookies help us track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Site where you have entered preference information previously.
Alkilu also may use web beacons and other methods to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site or open Alkilu’s HTML-formatted email messages. The Site’s servers automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address. The IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send data – such as the web pages users view. An IP address does not personally identify a user. Alkilu use’s this information to deliver the Site’s content to you upon request and to measure traffic within the Site.
4. Use and Disclosure of Information. Alkilu uses the information it collects in a variety of ways, including using the information to customize features and advertising that appear on the Site. Alkilu also may provide your information to third parties, such as service providers, contractors and sponsors, for a variety of purposes. For example, Alkilu may provide Alkilu’s sponsors with information about Alkilu’s visitors that will enable Alkilu’s sponsors to better target sponsored content to specific types of visitors.
You agree that Alkilu may use your information to contact you for customer service purposes, to inform you of important changes or additions to the Site or the services offered over the Site, and to send you administrative notices, offers and any other communications that Alkilu believes may be of interest to you.
Please also keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on ratings and reviews or through email – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides Alkilu. Alkilu cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Please also note that as Alkilu’s business grows, Alkilu may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that Alkilu, some or all of Alkilu’s assets, or the Site is acquired by another company, information about Alkilu’s users may be among the transferred assets.
6. Modifying Your Information and Opting Out. If you register with Alkilu, you will have the opportunity to review, update, change or delete the information you have provided to Alkilu (and that Alkilu continue to store) at any time. If you remove your registration information completely, you may not be able to continue using certain services that require registration. To review, update, change or delete your registration information visit www.alkilu.com.
7. Storage of Information. All information gathered on the Site is stored within a database accessible only by Alkilu. However, as effective as the reasonable security measures Alkilu implements may be, no security system is impenetrable. Alkilu cannot guarantee the security of Alkilu’s database, nor can it guarantee that information supplied will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.