Warranty & Support
CLEANING & USAGE INSTRUCTIONS Always handle the device with care to maintain its appearance. To clean, swipe the outer surface with a dry, soft cloth.
WARNING: Read Safety Information Read this guide for important safety and health information and the terms of the Limited Warranty that apply to the ALKILU© device that you have purchased. Keep app printed guides for future reference. Failure to follow instructions and properly setup, use and care for this product can increase the risk of serious injury or death, or damage to the device.
Warning: Do Not Attempt Repairs Do not attempt to take apart, open, service or modify the product, accessories or power supply. Doing so could present the risk of electric shock or other hazard. Any evidence of any attempt to open and/or modify this devices, including any puncturing, peeling or removal of labels, will void the Limited Warranty.
Warning: USB Charger Safety Failure to take the following precautions can result in serious injury or death from electric shock or fire or in damage to the device. Note:
- Use only the USB charger that came with your device or that you received from ALKILU©.
- Do not use non-standard power sources, such as generators or invertors, even if the voltage and frequency appear acceptable. Only use the USB Charger provided by a standard wall outlet or ALKILU© supplied Solar Charger.
- Do not overload your wall outlet, extension cord, power strip or other electrical receptacle. Confirm that they are rated to handle the total current (in amps [A]) drawn by the device (indicated on the USB Charger unit) and any other devices that are on the same circuit.
- On devices where the AC prongs are folded for storage, before plugging the USB Charger into a power outlet, make sure its prongs are fully extended.
Warning: Cable and cord safety
Arrange all cables and cords so people or pets are not likely to trip over or accidently pull on them as they move around or walk through the area. Do not allow children to play with cables and cords. To avoid damaging the USB Cable and power supply:
- Protect the USB cable from being walked on.
- Protect cords from being pinched or sharply bent, particularly where they connect to the power outlet, the power supply unit and the device.
- Do not jerk, knot, sharply bend, or otherwise abuse the USB cable.
- Keep children and pets away from USB cables. Do not allow them to bite or chew on them.
- When disconnecting the USB cable, pull on the plug – do not pull on the cable or cord.
- If the cable or charger becomes damaged in anyway, stop using it immediately.
- Unplug your device during lighting storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Always connect the USB cable according to the following instructions: 1. Plug the USB cable into the USB charger in the correct direction until it seats fully. 2. Plug the other end of the USB charger into the wall outlet.
Warning: Battery Safety Information This device contains a built-in battery, improper use of which may result in explosion. Do not heat, open, puncture, mutilate, or dispose of the product in fire. Do not leave the device in direct sunlight for an extended period of time, which could cause melting or battery damage. The battery in this device is not user replaceable and should only be replaced by ALKILU©.
- Do not disassemble or open, crush, bend, or deform, puncture or shred
- Do not modify or remanufacture, attempt to insert foreign objects into the battery, immerse or expose to water or other liquids, expose to fire, explosion or other hazard.
- Avoid dropping the device or battery. If the device is battery is dropped, especially on a hard surface, and the user suspects damage, do not use.
- Improper battery use may result in fire, explosion or other hazard.
Warning: Use Near Water To reduce the risk of fire or shock, do not use this device near water and do not expose it to rain or moisture. Do not attempt to dry device with a hair dryer or a microwave oven.
Warning: OLED Glass The OLED light source in this device is made of glass. This glass could break if the device is dropped on a hard surface or receives significant impact. Although there is a protective covering on the OLED light sources, there is always a risk of glass breaking. To reduce the risk of cuts if the glass chips or cracks, do not touch or attempt to remove the broken glass. Cracked and chipped glass due to misuse or abuse is not covered under the product’s limited warranty.
Warning: Choking Hazard This device contains small parts which may be a choking hazard to children under 3. Keep small parts away from children.
Caution: Heat Related Concerns The device may become very warm during normal use. To reduce heat related concerns, follow these guidelines:
- Set up your device on a stable work surface that allows for adequate air circulation under and around the device.
- Use caution when operating your device on a pillow, blanket, or other soft material, because the material can block the airflow which may result in the device overheating.
Disposal of Waste Batteries and Electrical & Electronic Equipment This symbol on the product or its packaging means that this product and any batteries it contains must not be disposed of with your household waste. Instead, it is your responsibility to hand this over to an applicable collection point for the recycling of batteries and electrical and electronic equipment. This separate collection and recycling will help to conserve natural resources and prevent potential negative consequences for human health and the environment due to the possible presence of hazardous substances in batteries and electrical and electronic equipment, which could be caused by inappropriate disposal. For more information about where to drop off the batteries and electrical and electronic waste, please contact your local city/municipality office or your household waste disposal service. This product contains a Lithium-polymer Battery.
LIMITED WARRANTY ALKILU warrants its products to be free of defects for one-year of use except for batteries and OLED panels, abuse and normal wear. We will repair or replace the product should we determine it to be defective. BY USING ALKILU PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM ALKILU (“HARDWARE”), OR ALKILU BRANDED ACCESSORY (“ACCESSORY”) PURCHASED FROM ALKILU, YOU AGREE TO THIS WARRANTY. BEFORE USING IT, PLEASE READ THIS WARRANTY CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS WARRANTY, DO NOT USE YOUR HARDWARE OR ACCESSORY. RETURN IT WITHIN 7 DAYS, UNUSED TO ALKILU FOR A REFUND. If you live in the United States, Section 6 contains a binding arbitration clause and class action waiver. It affects Your rights about how to resolve a dispute with ALKILU. Please read it. This warranty gives You specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from State to State or Province to Province.
1. Warranty a) For one-year from the date You purchased Your Hardware or Accessory from ALKILU (“Warranty Period”), ALKILU warrants, only to You, that the Hardware or Accessory will not malfunction due to a defect in materials or workmanship under Normal Use Conditions. b) This is the only warranty ALKILU gives for your Hardware or Accessory. ALKILU gives no other guarantee, warranty or condition. No one else may give any guarantee, warranty, or condition on ALKILU’s behalf. c) IF YOUR STATE’S OR PROVINCE’S LAW GIVES YOU ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ITS DURATION IS LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD. Some States or Provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to You. d) Other Definitions. “You” means the original end-user. “Normal Use Conditions” means ordinary consumer use under normal conditions according to the instruction manual. “State” means a State, the District of Columbia, and any other United States territory or possession. “The United States of America” includes all of them.
2. How to Get Warranty Service Before staring the warranty process, please use the troubleshooting tips at the www.alkilu.com/faq. If the troubleshooting tips do not resolve Your problem, then follow the online process at www.alkilu.com/repairs.
3. ALKILU’s Responsibility a) After You return Your Hardware or Accessory to ALKILU, ALKILU will inspect it. b) If ALKILU determines that the Hardware or Accessory malfunctioned due to a defect in materials or workmanship during the Warranty Period under Normal Use Conditions, ALKILU will (at its option) repair or replace it, or refund the purchase price to You. Repair may use new or refurbished parts. Replacement may be with a new or refurbished unit. c) After repair or replacement, Your Hardware or Accessory will be covered by this warranty for the longer of the remainder of Your original Warranty Period, or 90 days after ALKILU ships it to You. d) ALKILU’S RESPONSIBILITY TO REPAIR OR REPLACE YOUR HARDWARE OR ACCESSORY, OR TO REFUND THE PURCHASE PRICE, IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. e) If your Hardware or Accessory malfunctions after the Warranty Period expires, there is no warranty of any kind. After the Warranty Period expires, ALKILU may charge You a fee for its efforts to diagnose and service any problems.
4. Warranty Exclusions a) ALKILU is not responsible and this warranty does not apply if your Hardware or Accessory is: i) damaged by use with products not sold or licensed by ALKILU; ii) opened,modified, or tempered with (including, for example, any attempt to defeat or circumvent any ALKILU technical limitations, etc), or its serial number is altered or removed; iii) damaged by any external cause (including, for example, being dropped, exposed to liquid, use with inadequate ventilation, etc., failure to follow instructions in the instruction manual); iv) scratched, dented, etc. or shows other cosmetic damage; or v) repaired by anyone other than ALKILU. b) ALKILU is not responsible and this warranty does not apply if Your Hardware has water damage.
5. Choice of Law The laws of the State of Delaware govern the interpretation of this warranty, any claim that ALKILU has breached it and all other claims (including consumer protection, unfair competition, implied warranty, and tort claims), regardless of conflict of law principles.
6. Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver for US Residents a) Application. This section applies to any dispute EXCEPT IT DOES NOT INCLUDE A DISPUTE RELATING TO THE ENFORCEMENT OR VALIDITY OF YOUR, ALKILU’S, OR EITHER OF OUR LICENSOR’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. Dispute means any dispute, action, or other controversy between You and ALKILU concerning the Hardware or Accessory (including its price) or this warranty whether in contract, warranty, tort, statute, regulation, ordinance, or any other legal or equitable basis. “Dispute” will be given the broadest possible meaning allowable under law. b) Notice of Dispute. In the event of a dispute, You or ALKILU must give the other a Notice of Dispute, which is a written statement that sets forth the name, address and contract information of the party giving it, the facts giving rise to the dispute, and the relief requested You must send any Notice of Dispute by US Mail to ALKILU Enterprises LLC, 13636 Ventura Blvd., Suite 507, Los Angeles, CA 91423. ALKILU will send any Notice of Dispute to You by US Mail, if we have it, otherwise to Your email address. You and ALKILU will attempt to resolve any dispute through informal negotiation within 60 days from the date the Notice of Dispute is sent. After 60 days, You or ALKILU may commence arbitration. c) Small Claims Court. You may also litigate any dispute in small claims court in Delaware, if the dispute meets all the requirements to be heard in the small claims court. You may litigate in small claims court whether or not You negotiated informally first. d) Binding Arbitration. If You and ALKILU do not resolve any dispute by informal negotiations or in small claims court, any other effort to resolve the dispute will be conducted exclusively by binding arbitration. You are giving up the right to litigate (or participate in as a party or class member) all disputes in court before a judge or jury. Instead, all disputes will be resolved before a neutral arbitrator, whose decision will be final except for a limited right of appeal under the Federal Arbitration Act. Any court with jurisdiction over the parties may enforce the arbitrator’s award. e) Class Action Waiver. Any proceedings to resolve or litigate any dispute in any forum will be conducted solely on an individual basis. Neither You nor ALKILU will seek to have any dispute heard as a class action, private attorney general action, or in any other proceeding in which either party acts or proposes to act in a representative capacity. No arbitration or proceeding will be combined with another without the prior written consent of all parties to all affected arbitrations or proceedings. f) Arbitration Procedure. Any arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) under its Commercial Arbitration Rules. For more information, see www.adr.org or call 1-800-778-7879.
7. This warranty is valid only in the United States of America and Canada.
ALKILU’s address in the United States: ALKILU Enterprises LLC, 13636 Ventura Blvd., Suite 507, Los Angeles, CA 91423.
COPYRIGHT Information and views expressed in this document may change without notice. This document does not provide you with any legal rights to any intellectual property in any ALKILU products. You may copy and use this document for your internal, reference purposes.
© 2015 ALKILU